"Once & Always": My Thoughts (WARNING: Spoilers)

 Hello, dear readers.

If you're wondering what's been going on, I watched the Once & Always special, dedicated to the 30th Anniversary of the Power Rangers franchise.  And now, I'd like to give you my thoughts on it.  Be warned: This blog entry contains spoilers, so if you wish not to discover the events within, I suggest you back out now.

For those who have watched the special, I'd like to state my critical thoughts on such a powerful reunion special.  Walter Jones and David Yost have that same chemistry today that has never been lost, even after thirty years, while Charlie Kersh brings the "new car smell" as Trini's daughter Minh.  After seeing Minh go through the changes that led her to become the newest Yellow Ranger, I'm hoping to see her go through other adventures with our heroes.  I am sure that the legacy of the Yellow Ranger is truly in good hands.

The story written for the special was absolutely incredible, bringing back thirty years of memories and a plot that even I couldn't think of, even if I tried.  Rita Repulsa's evil essence being reconstituted in an Alpha robot?  A stroke of genius for Hasbro.  And her plan to change thirty years of history by taking out the teenagers before they become Rangers?  Completely diabolical.  Even her time machine was a stroke of genius.  I mean, even I have imagination of how time travel works, but Hasbro has truly brought forth a storyline that even I hadn't even thought of.  (OK, maybe I did think about it a few times, but never brought pen to paper to even bring it to fruition.)

Also, putting Adam (Johnny Yong Bosch) and Aisha (Karan Ashley) onboard in a Space Patrol Delta branch proves how much Hasbro has been paying attention to the franchise.  I salute them for showing us that former Rangers are still acting to save the world in their own ways.  As they always say, "Once a Ranger, always a Ranger."

I hope that this franchise brings more surprising events, as I will surely watch more of it as it comes.  I also hope you enjoyed reading this blog entry as much as I enjoyed writing it.  Farewell for now, and as always, keep smiling, and keep dreaming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ahsoka: The Togrutan Slave (credits to Slave Leia Fanfiction Wiki) - Viewer Discretion Advised

Padmé Amidala: A Senator's Seduction (credits to Slave Leia Fanfiction Wiki)

A Desperate Call of Distress from Jadis the White Witch